We are a company registered in
England and Wales (registration number 09485842) under the name N & A Photography LTD
T/a Real Time Events; the
address of our registered office is
20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office (registration number TBC).
What personal information do we collect about you ?
When you access and move around the Real Time Events site, register an Account with Real Time Events or purchase a Product from Real Time Events, we may collect some or all of the following personal data about you:
- a username and password;
- name, date of birth, age and sex;
- billing and delivery addresses, email address and phone number(s);
- Payment Method (typically credit card or debit card) details;
- your Images and other User Content;
- correspondence with and from Real Time Events;
- your preferences about receiving communications from Real Time Events;
- information about your use of Real Time Events, and your browsing and online purchasing activities; and details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity.
We may also collect some of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
In order to take advantage of some of our Services, you may need to supply us with the personal details of a third party (for example, their name and address if you wish to send them a Product to them as a gift). We will not use this information for anything other than providing the Services for which the information was supplied.
How do we use your personal information?
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to and processed by our subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and other data processors acting under contract with us:
- to contact you to provide examples of Products bearing your Images we think might interest you;
- to create personalised Products selected by you;
- to associate your Account, and your Product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity;
- if you elect to store a Payment Method with us, to associate that Payment Method with you when you place an order;
- to tailor aspects of Real Time Events (including its search function) to you;
- to process payments you make for Products;
- to pass your Product order for delivery by third party deliverers engaged by us;
- to provide customer support;
- to contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and "push" notification);
- to contact you by post;
- to include your Images in our contacts with you, such as to depict examples of Products bearing your Images that we think might interest you;
- for customer satisfaction and customer experience improvement purposes, such as by analysing data we hold about you, and combining it with data held by third parties, in order to discern your interests, demography and other factors, and in consequence to offer goods and services that are likely to have the greatest value to you; and in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crime.
If you elect to store a Payment Method with us, that Payment Method will not in fact be stored by Real Time Evnets itself, but instead it will be stored by a payment service provider under contract with us. The storing payment service provider will be required to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Note that, when using a stored Payment Method to make payment for your order, certain techniques will be used to assist in maintaining the security of the details of your stored Payment Method. For example, not all of the payment card number will be visible to you (typically, all except the final four digits will be masked), and you will be required to provide certain information (such as, but not limited to, a CV2 card security number) in order to proceed with using that Payment Method. To remove or change a stored Payment Method, please follow the procedures specified on the Site or contact our customer services team.
If you are asked to provide a phone number for a Product you are ordering, note that the phone number will be provided to the deliverer of your order – and (unless you specifically opt not to permit this) will appear on your order's packaging – to assist with the delivery process. If you do not wish your phone number to be used in this way, then please do not provide a phone number when placing your order.
We may use automatically collect anonymous information about your use of Real Time Events. For example, we may automatically log which parts of Real Time Event you access, which web browser you deploy and the website from which you linked to Real Time Events. You cannot be identified from any of this information. It enables us to compile statistics about the use of Real Time Events, and to help target aspects of Real Time Events and advertising to you more accurately.
Disclosing your personal data
We will not disclose any of your personal data, other than to subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and data processors (including deliverers and payment service providers) under contract with us, without your permission unless:
- we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
- we are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of Real Time Events business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Real Time Events, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Real Time Events about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
Email and Text preferences
The emails and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and "push" notification) we send to you fall into two categories:
- Emails (we call them newsletters) and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and "push" notification) (we call them messaging alerts) which provide you with information about offers, new Products and other things that we think may interest you or Real Time Events customers generally. You can notify us of your preferences concerning our newsletters via your account and you can opt out of receiving text (SMS) messaging alerts at any time by texting STOP to the number which appears in the relevant text (SMS) messaging alert, and prevent receipt of "push" notification messaging alerts by turning off the push function on your mobile device.
- The emails and messaging alerts that we send
concerning activity on your Real Time Events Account ("Service Messages"),
- To remind you of free credits that may be in your account
- To remind you of unordered items in your online basket
- To remind you of Product creations that you have abandoned
- To explain how credits that you have purchased work
- To remind you to use credits before they expire
- Surveys to capture your feedback on orders you have placed with Real Time Events
- Surveys to capture your feedback on contact with our customer service team
- To inform you of last Product order dates for seasonal events such as Christmas, Valentine's day, Mother's Day and Father's day
- To remind you that you have an Account
While we do our best to act on your preferences as soon as we reasonably can, please be aware that it may take up to 14 days for changes to your preferences concerning Service Messages to take effect.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
To make full use of realtimeevents.co.uk and to benefit from certain personalised features, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to be set up to accept cookies. The realtimeevents.co.uk website (like many other shopping websites) will not work when cookies are blocked.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Here's how to do it:
- Google Chrome
- In the settings menu, select 'show advanced settings' at the bottom of the page.
- Select the 'content settings' button in the privacy section.
- The top section of the page that then appears tells you about cookies and allows you to set the cookies you want. It also allows you to clear any cookies currently stored.
- Mozilla Firefox
- In the tools menu, select 'options' (MAC users, go to the Firefox menu & select 'preferences')
- Select the privacy tab in the options box.
- o From the dropdown choose, 'use custom settings for history'. This will bring up the options for cookies and you can choose to enable or disable them by clicking the tickbox.
- Internet Explorer 6+
- In the tools menu, select 'Internet options'.
- Click the privacy tab.
- o You will see a privacy settings slider which has six settings that allow you to control the number of cookies that will be placed: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
- Safari browser
- In the settings menu / Safari menu, select the 'preferences' option.
- Open the privacy tab.
- Select the option you want from the 'block cookies' section.
- All other browsers
- For information on how to manage cookies via other browsers, please consult your documentation or online help files.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general our Site will not operate properly if cookies are off. In particular, note that you may be prevented from making purchases of Products if cookies are disabled.
Subject Access Requests
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), you have the right to request a copy of all personal data we hold about you, by means of a process called a Subject Access Request.
if you make a Subject Access Request, Section 7 of the Act requires us :
- To tell you whether we process any of your personal data
- If so, to provide you with a description of the personal data we hold, the reasons it is being processed, and with whom we share it
- To provide you with a copy of the personal data we process in an intelligible form, and (where this is available) to inform you about the source of the data
All Subject Access Requests must be in writing. We may require you to pay a fee in an amount specified under the Act (currently a maximum of £10) to help meet our costs in dealing with your request.
Links to third party sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We have security measures in place to protect our database of Users and access to this database is restricted internally. However, note that it remains each User's responsibility:
- to ensure no-one else uses Real Time Events through his/her Account;
- to log off or exit from your Real Time Events Account when not using it; and
- to keep his/her password or other access information secret.
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your Account or Payment Method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it.
Updates to this policy
Loading more pages